Raised in Morden, Manitoba, Kim developed a genuine interest and appreciation for horses at an early age. Having owned horses since the age of 10. Kim has steadily developed a close connection with the subjects she adores so much and with whom she spends so much of her time. Through the encouragement and support of her parents, Kim entered her renderings into local fairs and art festivals, establishing a reputation at an early age as a budding prodigy, capable of mastering the artistic interaction between observations, representation and reality. She would later go on to graduate from the University of Manitoba with degrees in both Fine Arts and Education.
By mastering an artistic form of hyperrealism, Kim has proven her proficiency in the realm of art, nature and all things equine that is not easily rivaled. Whether her subjects are wild or domesticated her research has taken her all across the North-American landscape, experiencing all the topography of this grand and diverse continent ensuring she is always within the vanguard of hr artistic field.
Kim Penner has been awarded numerous awards for her work.
- 1997 “Best New Artist” Calgary Exhibition & Stampede
- 2003 “Best of Show” for “Spirit of the West” Calgary Exhibition & Stampede. Western Art Auction
- 2004’s ‘Woman Entrepreneur of the Year’ in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 2005 ‘People’s Choice Award’ for “Fall Flowers” Manitoba Art Expo
- 2006 ‘Best of Show Artist Sales Salon” award. Calgary Stampede
Cowboy Country Television Interview